Friday, May 16, 2008

PANTS

Pants
They cover you
They warm you
They hug you and hide you
They sleep with you
They dance with you
They walk and they run with you.
Long, short, puffy or tight
They come in every colour
But they shouldn't come in white.
Last night I thought I was going to go mad attempting to make Myles a pair of cords, flared at the bottom and trimmed with some vintage fabric - sounded good in theory and the image in my head was even better. However, in the wee hours of the night, after several re-sews and a few pins in the fingers I was ready to give up sewing FOREVER. I just couldn't get them right, something had drastically gone wrong somewhere and I couldn't figure it out. However, I managed to finish them resulting in this funky number below:

Something to play in and something to dance in......these funky little pants were not well received by their intended owner, as he has all of a sudden become quite fashion conscious and refuses to wear long pants - even in the freezing cold weather we have had lately.

After being somewhat upset by his response to my funky pants and sulking for a while and doing the "why do I bother thing" - I got over myself and decided I would just make him shorts next time - something he likes:

Some pants that will make him roar,

Some pants that will make him soar,

chase down baddies and

battle with a dinosaur.