- I will never have a good nights sleep and never sleep in beyond 7
- I will cook the majority of meals with one hand and child attached to my hip or leg
- I will never go to the toilet or shower alone
- There will always be more than two in the bed
- That some days go to shit
- That they are going to climb the highest tree with the most precarious looking branches and I'm not always going to be there to hold them steady, but I will damn try to tell them which branch is the strongest and less likely to break
- And lastly that I can be wrong.
Now reading back over this list some seem so insignificant and now I wouldn't want it any different. We change as parents and we adapt and I now cant imagine life any different and I suppose there will come a time when I will have to accept that all these things I now love will change and I will have to begin accepting those changes.