Tuesday, September 25, 2007

THE SLUMBER IS OVER: SPRING IS HERE

I know I'm a little bit late but spring is clearly evident in my backyard. The flowers are blooming, the bees are out humming and the vege patch is thriving. I must say the cabbages are looking beautiful and secretly they are my pride and joy at the moment.
This warmer weather has got me inspired and I'm in full gardening mode at the moment. I love it, its one of those things that when I'm out there I completely loose time. I can think Ive been there for 10 minutes when in actual fact Ive been pottering for two hours. So, a pond for the tadpoles that are very nearly frogs and a chicken coop for the chicks that are to arrive in two weeks have all been put on project status for the long weekend. I have been a bit hesitant about the pond thing but I figure that it can only encourage 'the good guys' in terms of pest management for the garden. Hopefully the water will attract Dragon-flies - apparently they can eat up to 8,000 mozzie larvae (Oh a mozzie free summer would be great) and encourage the frogs to breed.
This week I was also inspired by my friend Tracie and made a bird mobile for the boys. They loved it - they wanted to pull it, prod it and pull it apart. I ended up making extra birds to hang in their room. I think this warmer weather has brought me out of my craft slumber/hibernation and I have started on a couple of new projects. However, I really need to get back to the other few or more I started and have yet to finish. I can just see me giving Myles his quilt at his 21st.

No comments: