Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HILLS HOISTING

Well, Myles has discovered the utter joy, fun and exhilaration of swinging on the clothes line.
I can so clearly remember swinging from the 'Hills Hoist' when I was younger and even more clearly remember getting in trouble for it (but never being deterred enough to give it another go). I suppose for a four year old its equivalent to bungee jumping. Secretly I'm terrified for him and keep hearing my mum in the back of my mind as I yell: "Stop.....its to dangerous....your going to break the clothes line.....your going to crack your head open...ambulance...hospital". I think this is just the beginning of the feeling of duality that being a mum will bring......knowing very well that I did that as a youngster, enjoyed it, and survived.

1 comment:

World Wide Alternative said...

Hehehehe...you're making me so homesick!